Distinctive Living COVID Guidelines & Updates
Please direct your questions to [email protected] or call 888-509-1021.
Dear Residents, Families, and Visitors:
The situation regarding COVID-19 is changing rapidly, and Distinctive Living is closely monitoring it.
We’re also taking proactive steps to reduce the risk of COVID-19 in each of our communities. This web page is intended to share the latest information on our action steps and updates as they become available.
On August 23, 2021, the US Food and Drug Administration gave full approval to the first novel coronavirus vaccine: the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. It has been fully approved for the prevention of COVID-19 disease in individuals 16 years of age and older. It will continue to be available under emergency use authorization (EUA) for individuals 12 through 15 years of age and for the administration of a third dose in certain immunocompromised individuals.
FDA COVID Update
Active FDA Commissioner Janet Woodcock, MD, said, “The public can be very confident that this first FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine meets the high standards for safety, effectiveness, and manufacturing quality the FDA requires of an approved product.”
She also said, “While millions of people have already safely received COVID-19 vaccines, we recognize that for some, the FDA approval of a vaccine may now instill additional confidence to get vaccinated.”
Our Distinctive Living COVID-19 response continues to evolve and follow the lead of leading American medical entities. That’s why:
- We continue to encourage you and your residents to receive your vaccinations, wear masks, wash your hands, and maintain your social distancing.
- If full FDA vaccine approval is what you were waiting for and you’re now ready, please make an appointment by visiting the CVS website or the Walgreens website to schedule yours as soon as it’s convenient—and your booster shot too.
Thank you again to everyone who has made the decision to vaccinate and to help us all get one step closer to herd immunity. We appreciate what you’re doing.
Distinctive Living COVID Guidelines
Below are the measures that we have put in place to care for our residents in a safe and healthy environment.
- All community team members are currently required to wear masks during their shift and to wear gloves while providing direct care to residents.
- If there are respiratory symptoms of unknown cause or a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, team members are required to wear an N95 mask, face shield, gown, and gloves.
- We have also returned to testing team members every other week until further notice.
- All residents are required to wear masks when they are not inside their apartment.
- Residents are being screened daily for the symptoms of COVID-19 as listed by the CDC.
- Residents leaving the community will be screened upon their return.
- All visitors are required to wear masks and be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 and have their temperature checked upon arrival at the community. All visitors must comply with visitation policies and procedures.
- We are also making sure that our environment remains clean by disinfecting all high-touch surfaces multiple times a day with EPA-approved products used to fight against SARS-CoV 2, the novel coronavirus that causes the disease COVID-19.
Please feel free to contact our community at any time with questions or concerns. We want to do anything we can to help you feel more at ease during this time.
And as promised, we will provide notification, within 24 hours, to our residents, the healthcare power of attorney, and our team members should we have anyone in our community test positive for COVID-19.
We will provide this communication by both phone call and email. If you are the healthcare power of attorney, please make sure you notify any other family members that you want to make aware. We greatly appreciate your help with this.
We thank you for your cooperation and for allowing us to serve your family. We will continue to update our Distinctive Living COVID-19 Response.
Premier Living at Tylers Mill
My mother lives at the community and it’s just a really good place. The staff there love my mom, they treat her like their own and it’s been wonderful. The price is very affordable and fair for the services she is receiving. Management is attentive, keep me updated and answer emails right away. The food is very good, the staff let her try new things and it’s served in a very homey environment. There are activities going on and she is enjoying what they offer. The housekeeping and laundry people keep things together. The building is kept up with, it gets decorate it and if we need anything, maintenance staff is attentive. The healthcare staff is friendly, knowledgeable and responsive. In general, she feels safe, comfortable and we feel blessed.
We visited Tylers Mills to see if it could be a home for dad. We found it to be pleasant, active and caring.
This has been one of the most complex decisions I have ever made for a loved one. I was blessed enough to find this facility for my father. My father, a veteran, is struggling with dementia. Tylers Mill assisted him with memory care while allowing him to maintain a feeling of independence a chance to socialize and, assisting him with daily activities. The staff is attentive, caring, and responsive to each resident’s needs. The grounds are beautiful and clean. I could not have asked for a better experience and would do it again. The staff are dedicated and kind people. They have fun with the residents and laugh a lot. I recommend this facility to anyone facing the challenge of finding a facility for their loved one. Tyler’s Mill has exceptional management and top-quality care. Thank you so much to Tyler’s Mill, whom I will ever be grateful to.